... we still are!
I began this on January 1 but never finished it --
(Jan. 1, 2021) I should have written this yesterday, but I was too tired. I wanted to write just a quick summation for my own records of 2020 as it related to me and my own family and circle of friends. So I'll do it today. Perhaps it will mean that I'll write a bit more this year. (My maternal grandmother used to say that whatever you were doing on New Year's Day, you'd be doing all year long.)
And that was as far as I got lol. So if my grandmother was right, I guess I'll spend the year beginning blog posts but not finishing them. Oh well!
I liked the title for this post, since I feel like for most of 2020 I was holding my breath for one reason or another -- or holding my tongue.
I won't write about political or social issues from last year. I never have in my blogs. But "breathing" seems a fitting title for any post I might make on those subjects. Actually "breathing" was a nod to the pandemic issues and health issues in my family.
Since beginning this post in January I lost a sister-in-law to a heart attack which happened while she was in the hospital with Covid. And our son just finished his quarantine after contracting Covid. He had a fairly mild case, thankfully. Was very achy and tired with a very bad headache for about three days. Then he began to feel normal rather quickly. I just hope there are no lasting effects. His wife did not get the virus, thankfully.
My eldest sister has had some serious health issues, not Covid-related, but because of Covid she has had to delay a lot of important appointments and procedures. I may write more about that later. Her health issues are "breathing-related."
So, yeah. "Breathing." We still are, so far....
Hi Lori! I have to say I totally agree with you on holding my breath and biting my tongue and that has continued into this year as well. I just returned to blogging last June. Not sure if you'll remember me from back in the good old days. I'm so sorry about your sister in law. I'm so glad your son's case was mild. It's so good to see you. I hope you'll pop in more often this year.
ReplyDeleteBreathing, and taking some tentative deep breaths of relief. I won't get into politics either, but I'm hoping that we're starting to turn the corner on Covid 19. These have been very challenging times. Glad your son had a mild case!
ReplyDeleteThat's all we can do and should do for as long as possible, Lori. Carry on breathing. 2020 has been tough, but 2021 could be just as challenging if from a different perspective.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to get back in the groove. I did great until Facebook came along. I started wasting all the stuff I used to save for blog entries on Facebook. I've never stopped blogging, but I had sure slowed down. I'm back to at least every other day now, sometimes more. You just have to force it until it feels natural again. Here, I don't have to watch people argue about politics and can say anything I want on my blog.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'd love to see you return to regular blogging. I'll wait and see if you do, and if so, I'll add you to the "blogs I read" on my own blog. I don't know if any of my old AOL buddies blog anymore. I can't think of any.
ReplyDelete