NaBloPoMo Day One
I was reminded this morning by email that this is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). I briefly thought about doing it and then decided I wouldn't keep it up if I started. Then Guido at A Cobbled Road tagged me in a Facebook post, asking if I was going to do it this year. It touched me that he did that. He is one of the core J-Land friends that has held all of us together all these years and kept us informed of deaths in our "family" or that support was needed by one of us. So, I told him I would make a post today before midnight and we'd see if I would keep it up for the whole month.
Now that I am making a post, I actually feel a bit excited about it. I won't pretend that it will be something I'll do daily, weekly, or even monthly, after this November, but I'll try to participate at least this month.
I can't believe it has been more than a year since I made a post here when for many years it was a regular thing. Even after AOL got rid of its Journals and most of us migrated to Blogspot, I managed to find something to blog about for at least my own amusement for several more years.
I have no idea if any or many will read this, and that's okay. I rarely read any of the blogs of my former blog-friends anymore, the ones who do still post. I don't know what I'll write about this month, but I'll try to find something.
I can bring the blog up-to-date on Thomas and the kids, my mother and sisters -- yes, our mother is still with us, just short of her 99th birthday! But there are private family matters that I don't suppose I will go into -- health issues of siblings, private matters of others in the family. Suffice for now to say that Thomas and I and the kids and their spouses are all still well.
I'll plan to be back tomorrow, and we'll see what kind of drivel I can come up with.
"Hey" to you and yours,
Lori
Edited to add: I have updated the About Me post that I have pinned to the top right column. If anyone IS reading this for the first time, please check out that post. Thank you.
Good to see you back! Glad everyone is well and look forward to hearing about what's new in your world.
ReplyDelete