Post 22, Day 30 -- NaBloPoMo
The little girl they were originally going to adopt became available again this year, so they have worked all year to get ready to go get her. Just as everything was in place, once again, she became unavailable. They needed to "choose" another child that fit their dossier and approvals, and they have -- another little girl that we will hopefully have home with them by February or March.
I want to post in depth about this because I find it very interesting how adoptions of children in Ukraine are different from adoptions from other countries. And there are SO many children in orphanages and institutions in Ukraine. Did you know that at around 5 years old some children are moved form the "baby house" to an institution that has teens and adults? That is just so wrong and so sad.
Kasey is the oldest daughter of my very best friend all through school, Dana. I remember well the day she was born, and I love being able to get to know her growing family. More later about how all of this has played out over the past couple of years.
More later.
~~ Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment