Day Seven -- NaBloPoMo
Veering away from the "catching-up" posts again.
(Change that to "Kentuckiana") I think winter has arrived WAAAY too early. That wind was so icy today; 'bout took my breath away when I stepped outside. Our low is supposed to be around 21° tonight, with a high tomorrow of 40°. The weekend will be warmer but then next week our highs are going to be in the 20s and 30s. At least we didn't get a pile of snow like some parts of the country, and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny as opposed to today's rain.
I was going to put on a pot of chili when I got home but I needed some of the ingredients, and I just couldn't bring myself to stop to pick them up on the way home from work. So I had leftover roast chicken and vegetables. But tomorrow it's going to be home made chili. I ordered everything online for pick up on my way home. It won't take long to throw it together, and then I'll freeze some for next week as well.
Going on to bed early now, but I'll be back tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying doing NaBlo every day!
Until tomorrow. ~~ Lori
I love chili in cold weather. Such comfort food! Not super cold here, but snow predicted and chilly where my daughters are. (Ohio and New York)
ReplyDeleteThomas has been working in Ohio this week, and it has been a bit colder where he is. I think we have a chance for some snow next week. I'm really not ready for snow!
ReplyDeleteNo snow in my location, Lori, but also nippy. Mid 40s Fahrenheit, which is below par. Frosts here are not uncommon, in spite of our Gulfstream blanket.
ReplyDelete